Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Sarcodosis & Depression

Vermiculture The Vermiculture: Preparation

In places where we talk about worm, many messages are on the market. Well, who would not want to turn trash into cash? It would be something like the Sorcerer's Stone (not Harry Potter), who turned lead into gold. However, once you get to the worms and feed them, a result that does not get the wool as perhaps expected. Here the issue is to have a strategy and see where you are.

As I have been asked several times and it occurred to me anything to write, put a series dedicated to pure marketing. Only with the addition of my blog is a worm home, many of the things I put here would not apply to a commercial facility for the production of humus and worms.

To give an example, I'll start with me. I produce little. I have no space and I live in the city, so many of my worms will feed the fish (I have an installation acuapĆ³nica), the Machiavellian use in experiments and the humus is usually going to my plants for organic farming. However, I also made money with this, in fact, I have been wrong with my clients because they just hummus and I have to sell ... In short, I have a home installation which is based on my garbage and sell the excess humus.

In my case, is not exactly a business, but could be if I had the time and a little more space to do so. The point here is that you have to take stock of your circumstances. In home installations, NO is like another, we all have certain things that lead us to do things differently.

So begins your current situation. We must remove some things like

Facilities. For a Vermiculture, you need a place to live earthworms, are comfortable and allows you to work. If you're in the worm, you probably already have with this, otherwise there you need to do and how you can invest in this.

fixed costs. In home vermiculture facilities, major fixed costs are water, food and lime, if you use it. Everything else is costly, the containers have a shelf life and do not require anything in particular until they fall apart. Depending on your installation, electrical energy may also be a cost, but not very common.

Labour. Ugh ... But hey, someone has to. Usually not a lot of work driving home vermiculture facility, but no longer something that takes time or money, if to hire someone. However, in the case of a residential installation, you can work as a cost to zero. If you meddle as accounting, may have a cost, but the reality is that unless you pay someone, do not have, on balance, anyway you do it for free.

Production. Here we must draw the worms as they eat a certain amount of time. A rule of thumb, a worm eats its body weight per day, so if you have a kilo of worms, are supposed to eat a kilo of food. The reality is that it goes well, the worm humus recycles itself, leave things that are not yet ready for consumption and dedicate part of their chacotear time with the other worms to lombricitas. I would say that 80% would be more realistic, so that for every kilo, consumed 800 grams of food. With this you can get more or less a certain amount of humus you have available, but it is best to try.


What are your expectations of this as a business? If at home, you have some, because, for all practical purposes, everything that comes out is profit. Why? Just think about it. In itself, we worm home to recycle, not so much to make money. Use the compost in your garden is a source of pride and happiness to see beautiful plants, but not necessarily income. If it anyway Free make any money there is fall in extra income.

In the next post you'll see that you can sell your worms. As I mentioned earlier, this series is focused on home vermiculture facilities.

0 comments:

Post a Comment