Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Kates Playground Figur



When a few years ago I met by chance with the rock in one of my many visits to a garden center I knew I wanted do something with it. So not sure what, but finally came to me not only sinoque also the owner, (a friend of mine for years) had to give it to me well.

The fact is that after a couple of years the idea I wanted to do with the rock was taking shape. If previously had not known very well why these cravings for me with it, now I was very clear. The idea or project ... was to make a bonkei or planting in rock!. To that end I proceeded to hollow inside (very laborious task indeed), but in the absence of the tree or trees that were to match the idea I had in mind, there's half-forgotten spend another year until I get back with her.

At last, in 2009, after a visit to the house of Alberto Baleato (kingii), I found it already had three years of searching. A prunus mahaleb that suited perfectly to the idea of \u200b\u200brock-tree that I had in mind had been too long. I did not get that if the owner give him to me lol, but if you buy it at a very reasonable price. Anteriormete
thought of planting within the same few juniper (procumbens nana), but quickly discard the idea of \u200b\u200bnice not to finish all that approach.

At this point, the next step was to capture on paper and drawing what I wanted to convey this future union rock-tree. And the result is that you can see in the sketch attached below. With this merger, what it is, is to give the feeling of a group of trees growing in a rocky area hit hard by the wind, and where, as are placed in the same and therefore more or less protected in the same measure, some are called to be larger and the other, being more exposed, in a smaller size, with a steeper and more squat in shape.


; ; In the photo: tree and rock together.

Design:


This post certainly
retake it again in the spring, once planted and the prunus
in its new location, the rock.
I hope this marriage is for life. The
have something to say speak now or forever ...

0 comments:

Post a Comment